Greening Business Forum
The Green Business Day at the Kingston Environment Centre on Thursday 22nd July 2010.
( and the second day on Thursday 23rd Sept 2010 ).
I would like to invite you, and/ or your colleagues to attend all, or part of this day, to interact and explore what is a green business,
and specifically how to develop your own environmental policy and action plan.
The workshops are FREE and will be held from:
10 am to 12 noon and / or
2 pm to 4 pm on Thursday 22nd July 2010
(attendees are welcome to book for a half day or the whole day)
at the Kingston Environment Centre, Fairfield East, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 2PT.
See below for the details and map for the location and venue. The centre is 5 minutes walk from Kingston Railway station and major bus routes (there is limited parking at the centre).
Who should attend?
– Anyone wanting to learn more about starting, growing or campaigning for Greener Businesses;
– Those interested in creating or working in Green Jobs;
– Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) needing or updating an Environmental Policy and/or Action Plan and
– Any organisation wanting to improve its environmental and sustainable performance and credentials.
Benefits of attending:
– Find out exactly why an environmental policy adds value;
– Learn about effective Environmental Management Systems (EMS) like ISO 14001
– Understand why you need a policy and who will read it
– Get the basics for your own policy on the day under expert guidance
– Examples of businesses going Green and working on a sustainable basis.
– Identify the right post workshop support available for you.
This interactive seminar will help those entrepreneurs and businesses seeking practical help in:
– Raising Awareness through staff training, focus events and Green open days and festivals ( led by Jean Vidler, Green Future Festivals Ltd);
– Environmental Action & Implementation plan to Green Up, Save Money and Sustain your business ( Bernadette Vallely, Womens Environment Network – WEN & Save The World Club);
– Expert speaker on ISO 14001 and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) – Alex Pilpott from the British Standards Institute (BSI) (from 2 pm to 4 pm); and
– Prevista Business Advice from Dr Tariq Shabbeer as facilitator.
9.30 am – Arrival and refreshments
9.50 am – Ice Breakers – (Light acoustics)
10 am – Introductions of speakers, facilitators and attendees
10.15 – Brief Tour of the centre and grounds
10.30 – Tariq Shabbeer – Environmental Policies
11 am – Bernadette Vallely – Consultant and Save the World Club – Action Planning
11.30 am – Jean Vidler – Green Future Festivals Ltd – Raising Awareness
12 noon – Film and networking
12.30 – Lunch
1.30 – Arrival, registration and refreshments for new attendees
2 pm – Alex Philpott – British Standards Institute (BSI) – How to attain ISO 14001 for SMEs and the Third Sector
2.30 – Interactive session on your Environmental Policies, Action Plans and Raising Awareness.
3.00 – One to one sessions and questions
3.50 – Summary of your next steps, future support and feedback forms.
4pm – End with light entertainment.
If this is of interest to you or colleagues, please book your place ASAP by either:
– emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
– Texting or ringing Tariq Shabbeer on 07725 499 176
– Ringing the Prevista office to book on 020 7619 8300.
If you have any questions or queries please ring Tariq on 07725 499 176. .
If you are unable to attend on the 22nd July,
a second Green Business Day will be held on Thursday 23rd Sept 2010.
The Kingston Environment Centre (KEC)
Directions to and a map of the location of the KEC is shown athttps://kingstonec.wordpress.com/news/home/kingston-environment-centre-2/ and in the poster attached.
The Kingston Environment Centre is run on a voluntary basis, supported by Kingston Upon Thames’s local active environmental groups, and is temporarily based in an old primary school close to Kingston Town Centre, and adjacent to the Kingfisher Leisure Centre and Kingston Library, which are 5 minutes walk from Kingston Railway Station.
KEC acts as a hub for Environmental Activities in the Royal Borough of Kingston.
It offers meeting and workshop space, basic kitchen facilities, and a large garden where practical food growing is taught. Leaflets and current information about a large number of environmental organisations are on display and there is a growing resource of environmental information of all kinds.
The Save the World Club also run Mosaic Workshops here three time a week. We are making our first steps as a skill sharing centre. We have introduced a Permaculture support group, Art Club runs every week.
The KEC is the base for the Green Future Festivals Radio – a 24 hour solar powered webcast which you can listen to on <http://188.8.131.52:9094/mp3.m3u<http://mail.prevista.co.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://184.108.40.206:9094/mp3.m3u%20%3Chttp://220.127.116.11:9094/mp3.m3u> > >
There are live webcasts with different presenters during each week. We feature some interesting debates and interviews with a number of the most influential green thinkers. We have recently added several new shows. So please join the Radio Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20786429664&ref=ts <http://mail.prevista.co.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20786429664%26ref=ts%20%3Chttp://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20786429664%26ref=ts> >